Services That We Can Provide

Planning Applications

This is our core service, and we have several years experience of the french planning system. We deal in person with mairies and planning officers, including state architects. We are also associated with a UK architect based in Normandy. There are several types of planning forms and it is all to easy to lose valuable time by taking well-meant but incorrect advice from friends, neighbours and even the local mairies! The many and various planning forms include the all important Certificate d'Urbanisme (known to some english as an outline planning consent), Déclaration Préalable, and the full Permis de Construire. These three forms cover most eventualities but there are many others and we have experience in most of them. As an example, we charge €200 for a Certificate d'Urbanisme application, and €850 for a full Permis de Construire. Please ask for details of our other charges. Important: we offer to make an initial visit to you, to discuss and advise on your planning needs, absolutely free of  obligation. We do however ask for a payment to cover time and travel, and thiswill be quoted to you at the time of your enquiry.

There is no charge from the authorities for depositing an application, but once approved, an application will be subject to a one-off tax dependant on the size of the poject and it's location. Please be aware that this tax has risen sharply over recent years and should be given consideration at the outset.

Artisan Sourcing

Our excellent network of registered, reliable and proven artisans enables us to provide you with tradesmen of all skills. Any artisans referred to you will deal with you direct as regards quotations, invoices and payments. Please note that we do not charge any commission to you or the artisans we provide.

Our Network

Over the years, we have steadily built up a network of legally registered and reliable artisans and commercants, most of whom are english or english speaking. . The trades and skills covered by our associates include: Roofing, Carpentry, Plumbing, Electrical Repairs and Installations, Garden Equipment Repairs, Blockwork and Stonework, Concreting, Fosse Installation and Groundworks, Plasterboarding and Plastering, Fitting of doors and windows, General building including small extensions to full renovations, Chimney Sweeping, Wood Burner Installations, Tiling & Grass cutting. Also we can refer you to: An english architect, an interpreter/sworn Translator, an english speaking Insurance agent for car and home cover, and even an english speaking vet.


Please note that our Project Management service is no longer available